Normally the default setting is that Power-user should load automatically when you open PowerPoint / Excel / Word.
However sometimes, it can happen that Office will not automatically load the add-in, forcing the user to manually load it every time the application is opened.
To fix this, follow the steps below:
- Click the Windows Start menu
- Click "Run"
- Type "regedit" to access the registry, and the "OK"
- In the left menu, browse to HKEY_CURRENT_USER/SOFTWARE/Microsoft/Office/PowerPoint/Addins/PowerUser
- On the right, double-click "Load Behavior"
- Change the value to "3", which means Load at startup.
- Now restart PowerPoint / Excel / Word and the add-in should automatically load in the application.