With Power-user you can easily clean all your slides to make your PowerPoint presentations flawless before sharing them. The Clean menu combines powerful tools to:
- Detect when multiple or inconsistent fonts are coexisting in your presentation, and convert them all to a single font,
- Automatically remove double words, double blanks, empty placeholders, as well as unwanted effects or animations,
- Detect missing page numbers or footers, and fix them in 1 click,
- Preserve confidentiality by removing notes, comments, Alt text, document properties and personal information,
- Significantly reduce file size by deleting unused layout slides, removing off-slide content, compressing pictures or removing cropped areas, exporting hidden content in a separate file.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Clean text errors
- Clean slides content
- Check for hidden confidential information
- Optimize the size of your file
- Manage animations and transitions
- Use the left/right arrows to navigate in the presentation and find missing slides page numbers or missing footers.
- Or on the contrary, remove all page numbers or footers, for instance if you want to reapply from scratch.
Make sure your presentation's Agenda is up to date. Click this button to update all agenda pages in the presentation. See more about this in this article dedicated to the Agenda feature.
Make sure you are not forgetting any confidential information in the file, which could be hidden in:
- Slide notes (below your slides),
- Pictures Alt Text, which by default PowerPoint adds automatically,
- Document properties. For instance, most of the time presentations show a File Author who is someone with nothing to do to the current presentation. Also, PDF documents often show a file name on top, which is not the real file name, but something that was part of the Document Properties.
- Sticky notes,
- Fully or partially off-slide content,
- Strikethrough text, maybe used by a colleague to review the file.
- Easily export one or all Hidden slides into a separate presentation. When you click Export, a dialog box will open where you can choose the folder where the export should be saved. This way you do not loose those slides, even if you don't want to send them.
- Delete Unused layouts to clean the master from any layout that is not actively used by a slide in the presentation. Very often presentations contain dozens, hundreds or even thousands of layouts because they were automatically added to the presentation every time a slide from another deck was pasted into the presentation. This feature can help you considerably reduce the size of your files.
- Select the resolution you would like to apply for compressing pictures, and click OK to validate.
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
Sorry! We couldn't be helpful
Thank you for your feedback
We appreciate your effort and will try to fix the article