In some instances, the license cannot be activated. There can be several reasons for that.
The activation popup is not showing
If the activation dialog is not showing in PowerPoint / Excel / Word, try the following steps:
- Make sure Power-user is active in the application:
- If you can see a "Power-user" tab on the application ribbon, it means Power-user is active
- If you can't see a "Power-user" on the application tab, check this article: the Power-user tab is not visible on the ribbon
- Restart the computer, launch the application and see if the activation popup appears
- If activation still doesn't show, it most probably means that something is blocking the connection to our server. In that case, you can try the following steps:
- Switch the computer to a different Internet source (for instance, using your smartphone as hotspot), and restart the application
- Temporarily turn off your firewall and antivirus, and restart the application (don't forget to reactivate them afterwards)
- If none of the above seem to work, click the blue "Information" button, located at the very left of the ribbon. Copy the value for "Your ID". Then contact us requesting an offline license, and providing that ID.
The license key is not accepted
If your license key doesn't seem to be accepted, check the following steps:
- Make sure you are pasting the license key correctly, without missing characters or extra spaces. License keys should look like this: 5605B32C-0497-6F7B-7717-204C99EFAC88
- Your key may have changed if it was reset in the past. Check your mailbox to make sure you have not received a more recent key at some point.
- Contact us or your IT admin to get the correct key.